Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Star Wars




Aidan turned 9 in January. He is getting to be a little man. I adore him. He was with his dad on his birthday, so I made cupcakes for his class and brought him the meal of his choice for lunch. Yes, that's right, he picked McDonald's. Seeing that Aidan eats as much, or more then a man, he eats the 10 piece nugget meal. I felt tremendous guilt walking through the school with a bad of McDonald's. It just felt weird. Aidan loves it when I have lunch with him, and it is really fun to talk with him and his friends. At 9, Aidan is the tallest in his class, has eight adult teeth, is growing a shag (I HATE it), and loves Stars Wars.
So, for his birthday I took him, Colin, and two of his friends to the Star Wars Exhibit at the museum. It was very cool. The highlight was waiting for an entire hour for a four minute ride in the Millennium Falcon. Fantastic, but not as fun as a two hour lunch at Red Robin where the computers went down. All kidding aside, it was a lot of fun. We may have to go back before it is over.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the shag--we are there too. I finally couldn't handle it and made Drew trim it up a bit and he ended up giving him a total bowl cut--gag--it was horrible, so I made Daison cut it all off and told him he could regrow it and when it got too long I would TAKE him somewhere to have it trimed. :) we too went to the Star Wars exhibit, but the Mellennium Falcon wasn't open and the air chair was broken!! That sucked, otherwise we thought it was pretty cool. Can you believe we are about to have 12 year olds!! Nine doesn't seem that bad, but 12?

    ReplyDelete