Saturday, April 10, 2010

101 Things in 1001 Days List...

I have been thinking about starting this list for a while now. I am really good at starting things, and then getting caught up in something else. Hopefully this will help me follow through once I put it in writing. There are always the little things that I want to do, and don't make the time to do. This is my time. My 1001 days are up on January 05, 2013. I am excited to see where life will lead when this list is done. I may have to come up with 101 more things.

101 Things in 1001 Days
1. Grow a vegetable that I can use in a meal
2. Take the boys to The Sea Life Center in Seward
3. Sew a blanket
4. Make a cake from scratch
5. Take an art class
6. Buy a house
7. Send out Christmas cards and letters. I get them together and do not follow through with sending them.
8. Drive to Fairbanks for the weekend
9. Teach the boys affirmations
10. Get a bike
11. Go to church every Sunday for a month
12. Make fleece blankets out of the material I have
13. Make time to get together with friends once a month
14. Play a hockey game in the driveway with the boys
15. Go to the library
16. Take a flower arranging class
17. Loose my weight, and stick to the healthy lifestyle
18. Learn the basics of another language
19. Take the boys to a Home Depot class on a Saturday
20. Organize my bedroom closet
21. Read The Pillars of the Earth
22. Try surfing
23. Put pictures in albums
24. Get an i-Phone and learn to use it
25. Learn to braid
26. Only buy what is on my grocery list for a month
27. Change my post office box
28. Take the boys to Disney
29. Make a shadow box for each of my children
30. Start a masters program, or an educational direction if not a masters degree
31. Take the boys to volunteer
32. Learn to make five good drinks
33. Catch a fish with the boys
34. Send GG a care package
35. Get professional pictures taken with the boys
36. Take the boys to H2Oasis
37. Get a facial
38. Go camping with the boys
39. Fall in love
40. Try five new restaurants
41. Take a cooking class
42. Make my bed every morning for a month
43. Get a digital video camera
44. Organize my linen closet
45. Buy a Bar-B-Q Grill
46. Buy a DVD player and hook it up
47. Skate on hockey skates
48. Watch Casablanca
49. Climb a rock wall
50. Learn a new recipe every week for two months
51. Organize my files
52. Buy myself a gift for no reason
53. Be on time in the morning for one week straight
54. Paint the trim
55. Go to another kick boxing class
56. Take a cookie decorating class
57. Go to open swim
58. Take a Pilate's class
59. Bike the Coastal Trail with the boys
60. Learn Calligraphy again
61. Have a party for my friends
62. Make Christmas cookies as gifts
63. Dress up for Halloween
64. Have the boys finish their swimming lessons
65. Participate in a random act of kindness
66. Spontaneously scrap my day and leave for the weekend. Does it count as spontaneous if it is on the list?
67. Say yes to five things I normally wouldn't say yes to
68. Try a different hair color
69. Wear liquid eyeliner
70. Run a 5K a month for three months
71. Have a garage sale
72. Get a house cleaner for the bathrooms and floors
73. Sign the boys up for summer camp
74. Grow flowers from seeds
75. Read The Iliad
76. Change my own oil
77. Run three miles with Aidan
78. Read a book on the workings of the US democratic system
79. Travel to Europe
80. Get my teeth whitened
81. Read a book of Shakespeare's plays
82. Box and label holiday decorations
83. Learn to do my own taxes
84. Hike Flattop
85. Pay for some one's meal in line behind me at a drive-thru
86. Eliminate garage clutter and put things in labeled storage boxes
87. Teach the boys to downhill ski/snowboard
88. Teach the boys to tie their shoes, we are slacking on that one
89. Give up soda
90. Run six miles at one time
91. Complete a triathlon
92. Hike Thunderbird Falls
93. See a movie at Great Bear with the Boys
94. Go a day without lipstick or lip gloss at work
95. Eliminate kitchen clutter
96. Hike at the Eagle River Nature Center
97. Take a yoga class
98. Try cross country skiing
99. Go to New York City at Christmas
100. Get a dog/pet if we are able to
101. Start a collection

2 comments:

  1. WOW that is a pretty impressive list! Good for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tash,

    I am a major slacker on Facebook and am just getting caught up on messages that have been sitting in my account for...months?

    So, I just discovered your blog. Fantastico!! Love getting that window into your life. What sucks? Knowing all the things we have in common and not being able to do them with you, my far away friend.

    Jeff and I are finally pregnant (15 weeks) and pretty psyched about it. Also, I'm under contract to finish and sell a script to a Hollywood studio. Done with the first draft. Need to edit and prepare pitch materials by Jan. 15, 2011 for my attorney to send to studios. Nervous and anxious about both little projects but very excited, too.

    I love how you write when you've completed the things on your list. Good for you!

    Miss you,
    Kate Chalmers Heywood

    ReplyDelete